[Spce-user] kamailio-proxy.log error - mysql lost connection

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Tue May 28 10:52:23 EDT 2013

Hi Matthew,

On 05/28/2013 04:16 PM, Matthew Ogden wrote:
> But after your feedback, I realised, having a max calls is exactly this...
> you are rating your system for max calls, and not letting it over that.
> And that is far less complicated than looking at disk load.
>
> So if you are going to use Cloud, ensure you have guaranteed IO. By the
> way, I saw a recent email saying Amazon is now selling such services for
> their Windows/Linux Virtual Machines.

The I/O issue is exactly why we don't offer the PRO as a VM image or as
software-only option, because we've had bad experience with that, as we
can't guarantee any performance figures (compared to the HW offer where
the hardware is specifically tailored to meet the figures).

I've seen the guaranteed IO option in EC2 EBS, what from what I've seen
it's not really cheap either, right?

As for SSDs, we've done some benchmarks, and there are high-end disks
for server usage with a life-time of >10 years at our usage pattern and
~40k IOPS, they're available for around USD 2k per piece at retail (e.g.
from IBM).

Andreas