[Spce-user] SIP Message store and forward and apache/nginx in 3.1

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Mon Nov 25 08:43:50 EST 2013

Hi,

On 11/25/2013 11:25 AM, Miguel Rios wrote:
> I've been looking into the IM features in latest spce 3.1, specifically
> the SIP SIMPLE messaging support.
> I see that SIP messages are indeed passed between registered endpoints,
> but I'm not sure about store and forward for endpoints that are offline.
> Kamailio has the msilo module which would take care of this requirement,
> but I'm not sure if installing it would break something in the spce
> framework. Any thoughts?

You can create a customtt for your impresence.cfg.tt2 and/or
proxy.cfg.tt2. We're happily receiving patches and will review them also.

> Also, in xmpp land, spce currently uses prosody which is a great
> lightweight xmpp solution. I believe there is also a smack module for
> prosody that will inform users if their recipient is online or off.
> Again, would installing other Prosody modules, like MUC, break spce? Are
> there some docs or guidelines I should follow so as not to break spce?

We're using MUC on top of prosody internally, works perfectly fine.
Again, add a customtt for the config files, so if something breaks, you
can always just reuse the original ones.

> Lastly, I see that 3.1 has both apache and nginx running. Being a nginx
> man myself, why not get rid of apache completely? It seems that having 2
> webservers is not very efficient, no?

Currently, SOAP is quite deeply integrated into apache/mod-perl, so we
haven't migrated that yet. If you don't need the API, you can safely
stop apache.

Andreas