[Spce-user] Remove Billing profile from customer

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Nov 20 14:07:34 EST 2013

Hi,

On 11/20/2013 02:58 PM, Gavin Sweet wrote:
> Just following this up ...
>
> When a billing profile is applied to a customer the associated date comes up
> Null.
> I noticed the screen shot in Martins post showed the same issue.
>
> When we've created customers over the api, we have also experienced the same
> issue.
> At the moment we are doing this on a lab system, but my guess is that
> rate-o-mat will fail if date is null.

No, that's how it's supposed to be. A from/to-date of NULL just means
"from the earliest date possible to the latest date possible". If you
assign another profile, the start date gets set to the timestamp of the
change, and to-date stays null, meaning "from the time in the timestamp
to the latest date possible".

What rate-o-mat now does is trying to figure out the closest match (the
billing profile which starts and ends at the nearest date of the start
date of the call.

This means, that you can theoretically assign a billing profile which
starts now and ends in a week (you can't via api/web at the moment, but
will be implemented soon), and after that the old billing profile is
automatically used again. Pretty useful if you want to give customers
special fees for a limited time, e.g. for compensation or promo or whatever.

Andreas