[Spce-user] SPCE V3 with SBC

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Mon Oct 28 07:57:38 EDT 2013

Hi,

On 10/25/2013 03:48 PM, John Murray wrote:
> I am deploying a SBC in front of my SPCE for both Registration
> offload/NAT traversal and Peer management.
>
> Are there any recommendations for this?
>
> I have one problem that INVITES from both registered handsets (UAs) and
> peers now come from the same address to the SPCE which leads it to see
> ALL calls as from the PSTN.
>
> Any suggestions? I guess I could have different ip addresses or ports on
> the SBC for the different traffic types.

At least for peerings, we'll have a new option in the upcoming 3.1
release to force outbound calls to peers via a specific hop between the
lb and the peer (in our case we implemented it specifically to define an
SBC there).

So if you have 2 SBCs between the SPCE and your peer, you'll add your
peering server twice, once with a route via SBC1 and once with a route
via SBC2.

For outbound calls, the SIP message will be rewritten by proxy/lb to
insert an additional Route header pointing to the SBC. For inbound
calls, the lb will take the P-NGCP-Src-* headers provided by the SBC
(you've to configure the SBC to pass ip, port, proto etc in these
headers) in the lb config and pass it on to the proxy, instead of
putting the socket info there.

For calls from/to local subscribers, there is nothing to do on the SPCE
anyways, as the UAs need to be configured to send their traffic to the
SBC, and the SBC needs to forward it to the SPCE. The SBC can then
either insert a Path header in the REGISTER, or it puts itself into the
Contact. Either way will work.

We're currently preparing/testing 3.1-rc1, so 3.1 final is just around
the corner.

Andreas