[Spce-user] V3 logging

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Sep 4 17:36:08 EDT 2013

Hi,

On 09/04/2013 09:39 PM, John Murray wrote:
> Hello,
>
> /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-proxy.log in v3 seems only to log at NOTICE level
> and above by default.
>
> How can I change this to INFO?

Temporarily during run-time (if you don't want to restart kamailio), do

	ngcp-sercmd proxy cfg.set_now_int core debug 2

You can do the same with "ngcp-sercmd lb".

Permanent changes need a change to the corresponding kamailio.cfg.tt2
(set debug=2 instead of debug=1).

> Also how can I use those handy little [% debug_dump('start',
> 'ROUTE_PRX_REQUEST') %] features?

Basically these macros log the entry and exit points of the different
routes in the config and dump all vars, avps and xavps as a json string
into the proxy log. Another script parses this output and compares it to
predefined scenarios, checking if the message took the expected path
through the config an if various vars hold the expected values at
different points in the config.

It's part of our new test suite which we'll publish once it's out of beta.

Andreas