[Spce-user] Jitsi or something

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Apr 23 04:40:32 EDT 2014

Hi,

On 04/23/2014 12:32 AM, Martin Wong wrote:
> Am looking at having a Jitsi (Jabber) based client installed on all the
> client's PCs and also our tech support. Then when an issue happens, the end
> user can just pull up the Jitsi client and chat with our support staff. All
> the tech guys will be notified of the issue and someone will take ownership
> ... maybe all the tech guys will be in a group, and then we can break out
> and have a 1 on 1 session.

You could configure a multi-user-conference room in the prosody config
by adding this to your prosody.cfg.customtt.tt2:

Component "conference.yourdomain.com" "muc"

See https://prosody.im/doc/modules/mod_muc for basic configuration options.

Then configure your Jitsi to automatically join a room in the MUC, where
your support people hang out too. Clicking on one of the participants
will initiate a 1:1 chat.

> I recall doing this with SPCE 2.8 and Jitsi easily within a certain domain.
> Not sure how to control cross domain chats (so end user to our techs), and
> also stop other orgs to orgs chats. Not sure how I can dynamically change
> the Jitsi groups (add more tech guys in etc).

I doubt it, as in 2.8 there was no XMPP available yet.

Fine-grained control of enabling/disabling federation and cross-domain
chat on a domain-basis is not implemented though, so the current
behaviour is that you can connect to anyone via XMPP (if they are
accepting your authorization request, that is).

Andreas