[Spce-user] fresh install debian 7 not web access

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Fri Aug 1 11:26:43 EDT 2014

Dear Gordon!

First of all thank you for the bug report.

It is known CE problem, at the moment you have to reboot the server
after fresh installation or start nginx manually.
You can use MT#6369 for further references to bugreport.

It happens because we install both Apache and Nginx WEB servers
(we are on a way of migration to Nginx). Both are default debian
packages and install default configs, which are fighting for default
ports... Apache won in your case while we need nginx.

At the end of installation "ngcpcfg apply" generate correct/new apache
and nginx configs and remove port conflicts, but it tries to start
ngingx before stopping apache:

> Restarting nginx: nginx: [emerg] bind() to [::]:80 failed (98: Address already in use)
> nginx: [emerg] bind() to [::]:443 failed (98: Address already in use)
> nginx: [emerg] still could not bind()
> nginx.
> Restarting web server: apache2

I hope this information helped you understand the issue.
It will be automatically disappear as soon as we remove Apache,
also we are planning to add "Reboot (Y/N)?" hint for users,
but currently occupied with important new features ;-)

JFYI, Also we almost released mr3.4.1 with new CE install CD (which
reboot the server after the installation):
> https://www.sipwise.com/doc/mr3.4.1/spce/ar01s04.html#_using_the_ngcp_install_cd_recommended
but it is a secret for now, don't tell anybody! :-)

Thank you for your bugreport one more time!

--
Alexander Lutay
Head of Quality Assurance

Office: +43(0)13012036