[Spce-user] fresh install debian 7 not web access

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Fri Aug 1 11:34:34 EDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Alex Lutay <alutay at sipwise.com> wrote:
> Dear Gordon!
>
> First of all thank you for the bug report.
>
> It is known CE problem, at the moment you have to reboot the server after
> fresh installation or start nginx manually.
> You can use MT#6369 for further references to bugreport.
>
> It happens because we install both Apache and Nginx WEB servers
> (we are on a way of migration to Nginx). Both are default debian packages
> and install default configs, which are fighting for default ports... Apache
> won in your case while we need nginx.
>
> At the end of installation "ngcpcfg apply" generate correct/new apache and
> nginx configs and remove port conflicts, but it tries to start ngingx before
> stopping apache:
>
>> Restarting nginx: nginx: [emerg] bind() to [::]:80 failed (98: Address
>> already in use)
>> nginx: [emerg] bind() to [::]:443 failed (98: Address already in use)
>> nginx: [emerg] still could not bind()
>> nginx.
>> Restarting web server: apache2
>

> I hope this information helped you understand the issue.
> It will be automatically disappear as soon as we remove Apache,
> also we are planning to add "Reboot (Y/N)?" hint for users,
> but currently occupied with important new features ;-)
>
> JFYI, Also we almost released mr3.4.1 with new CE install CD (which reboot
> the server after the installation):
>>

>> https://www.sipwise.com/doc/mr3.4.1/spce/ar01s04.html#_using_the_ngcp_install_cd_recommended
>
> but it is a secret for now, don't tell anybody! :-)
>
> Thank you for your bugreport one more time!

Okay, rebooting has gotten me a step closer. Aside from loosing ssh
access, I now get '502 Bad Gateway' from the web interface.  Looking
at the ngcp-panel error logs, I see the following:

2014/08/01 15:29:01 [error] 4046#0: *131 connect() to
unix:/var/run/fastcgi/ngcp-panel.sock failed (111: Connection refused)
while connecting to upstream, client: ::ffff:209.87.224.9, server: ,
request: "GET /login/admin HTTP/1.1", upstream:
"fastcgi://unix:/var/run/fastcgi/ngcp-panel.sock:", host:
"104.130.128.104:1443"

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)