[Spce-user] Fwd: Issues on Install

Jeremy Ward jward01 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 19:13:25 EDT 2014

Hi Michael,

I performed a package installation test by running the apt-get install
[package]. I received the following prompt after instructing apt-get to
proceed (typing 'y'):

*Media change: please insert the disc labeled 'Debian GNU/Linux 7.6.0
_Wheezy_ - Official amd64 CD Binary-1 20140712-14:11' in the drive
'/media/cdrom/' and press enter*

I turns out that I had to remove the cdrom entry from the sources.list file
on the server. This was causing an issue on the system during spce
installation.

This is why the NetInstall CD is probably the best way to go, as sipwise
recommends ;-).

*But either way, here's how I fixed it*:

I removed the cdrom entry from sources.list by running the following:

sed -i '/cdrom/d' /etc/apt/sources.list

I then verified the removal of the cdrom entry from sourced.list and
verified the active repositories that were setup on the system by running
the following:

grep -v '#' /etc/apt/sources.list

This fixed the issues encountered during the previous two installation
attempts; install was completed in less than five minutes.

Hope that this is helpful to someone else.

Jeremy D. Ward, CWNE
(954) 661-4965