[Spce-user] Calls drop after 30 secs

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Wed Aug 20 17:10:18 EDT 2014

* George Mason [Wed Aug 20, 2014 at 10:43:39AM +0100]:

> Am using the elastic IP as the advertised address, beforehand for some
> reason it had the wrong address in there (was an Amazon address though,
> might have been the one assigned to the original AMI image? not sure). I
> had calls complete but no audio until I fixed that.

Thanks for raising this issue, we just investigated and indeed the
advertised address doesn't get automatically updated yet - that's
why you got the IP address of the system we built the AMI on.

We've got a change in our release queue which addresses this issue.
Once this change gets released during (re)boot / network restart of
your system the advertised address gets automatically adjusted for
you, so this problem shouldn't exist any longer.

We also discussed the issue regarding our AMI in different regions
and decided to provide the sip:provider CE AMI in all EC2 regions.
The feature to automatically take care of that in our release cycle
was just implemented, so on our next public AMI build you'll have
AMIs in all regions available.

regards,
-mika-