[Spce-user] voip loopback test

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Thu Aug 28 09:44:46 EDT 2014

On 28 August 2014 14:36, Jeremy Ward <jward01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Barry,
>
> Would the same logic then apply to setup an ANAC code?
>
> Some of my carrier clients have voice gateways that terminate to multiple
> lines at 66-block like in a multitenant commercial building (MDU).
>
> Many voice techs in the US are used to being able to check the telephone
> number assigned to a pair by "ANACing" the line - dialing 2006666666.
>
> This causes the switch to announce the associated telephone number with
> that pair of wires.
>
> I realize that the asterisk script would be different, but could it be
> accomplished in the same manner? I would imagine asterisk would see the CLI
> of the callee as its needed for voicemail access, correct?

Yes, it should work the same for that. Same technique, just write an
Asterisk dialplan to speak back the numbers from the CALLERID(number).

If you were building lots of Asterisk applications I would suggest running
them on a separate * box than your voicemail but for just echo test and
ANAC I wouldn't worry too much.

Regards,

-Barry