[Spce-user] SEMS SBC CPU question

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 14 12:05:38 EST 2014

Hi,

is SEMS actually handling (relaying) RTP for those calls?

looks like in the used SEMS version there's only one thread (the RTP
receiver thread) handling relay of RTP packets, and also there's only
one thread receiving SIP packets. The media_processor_threads process
(decode, write, mix etc) and send RTP, the session_processor_threads
process received SIP packets and send SIP messages.

In newer SEMS versions (git master), we have:

sip_server_threads - receive SIP packets, parse them
session_processor_threads - process parsed SIP messages, run
                   session logic, send SIP messages
rtp_receiver_threads - receive RTP, relay RTP (sbc module)
media_processor_threads - process RTP, local audio (e.g. mix), send RTP

So it can be tuned appropriately.

hth
Stefan

o Andrew Pogrebennyk on 02/14/2014 10:52 AM: