[Spce-user] Sipwise:CE config Setup for PSTN calls

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Tue Feb 11 03:20:26 EST 2014

Hi,

On 02/10/2014 10:03 PM, pktiwari wrote:
> Could you please let me know for this use case scenario, from where I can get details "peering servers" considering the Sipwise:CE will always remain on Amazon EC2 instance.
>
> Also any pointer to detailed documentation or online guide for this PSTN setup connectivity is much appreciated.

If you want to make/receive calls from/to pstn, you need a pstn gateway.
This can either be a physical box connected to pstn via ISDN (an
Asterisk with ISDN cards, or a commercial solution like an AudioCodes
Mediant etc.), or in your case probably more suitable, it can be a
hosted solution (a SIP trunk from Telefonica, DT, BT or other big
players; there is also a list of smaller providers for individual
regions at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Sip+Trunking+Providers).

The settings you need to enter in the peering config (ip, port etc) are
provided by them when you establish a contract with such a trunking
provider.

Andreas