[Spce-user] Rtp proxy

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Thu Feb 20 04:35:03 EST 2014

Hi Gents,

the option use_rtpproxy on subscriber is just a way to override the
global setting at the domain level. It always takes precedence over
domain preference if set.

On 02/20/2014 04:25 AM, Kevin Masse wrote:
> I also would like to see a way to make sure we are not passing audio
> when there is only a SIP Trunk to a subscriber directly to their PBX.
>
> The above test was our SIPWISE 2.8 latest and our subscriber with a PBX
> on a public IP.
>

> If there is a better way to test this I will be happy to produce our
> results.
>
> I think perhaps just a clear answer or a suggestion on the best
> configuration would be great

The mediaproxy is disabled if use_rtpproxy is set to 'No' for either of
SIP peering or your subscriber/domain. So what I would do is to set it
on subscriber level, if the trunk is used also by the other NATed
subscribers.

You should take some care here, however, if other (NATed) subscribers
may call your user on a public IP because AFAIK mediaproxy is not used
then. We could improve the logic by taking the NAT into consideration
and not only the preferences.

Regards,
Andrew