[Spce-user] Forcing Codec Negotiation

rabs at dimension-virtual.com rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Thu Jun 26 09:32:02 EDT 2014

> How can I force codec negotiation or registration?
>
> Cause if I send a 488 when trying to fax T.38 there is no re invite at
> all. Te client side Offers All audio codecs and fax at a time and 488 is
> taken as if it all is unaceptable, so call
> is never router.
>
> Is there a way to force only PCMA registration, or only routing Audio
> codec info on invites?
>
> THanks

You could blacklist the codecs on the sems config, but I advice you not to been
'fixing' client issues on the server side, you will end with a complete mess
config that will fails far more than now.

Best first try to trace and debug WHY T.38 fails, and goes from there ... do not
force faxes to work by audio ... you will have a very poor success ratio.

Best regards