[Spce-user] UDP packet size

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Mar 5 05:38:51 EST 2014

Hi,

On 03/05/2014 09:29 AM, Nikita Stashkov wrote:
> Below are two INVITE messages (Bria iPhone). Both calls are to voicemail, so codec is G.711.
> In the first some codecs are disabled and call is ok:
<snip>
> So the question - what is maximum packet size (or Content-Lengt) for UDP?
> While using TLS I have no problems.

The limit is 64k, as far as I know, so way above your size. You're
probably running into some UDP fragmentation issue (although typical MTU
sizes are around 1400 byte).

You'd need to check if the message really arrives at the system. Try to
capture a trace with tcpdump (without filtering on the port, just filter
on udp to catch fragmented packets) and see if it arrives at the system
in full.

Also the trace would tell us if that's really the problem, or if there
is some other issue.

Andreas