[Spce-user] sound sets

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Mar 12 05:11:07 EDT 2014

Hi,

On 03/12/2014 09:38 AM, Matthew Ogden wrote:
> Bummer about the g729 though, most of our clients are using this
> (bandwidth constraints here are high)

It's not a technical blocker, rather than licensing issues. Sems can't
transcode to G729 without a commercial license, which we obviously can't
provide as part of the CE.

The CE is not prepared to just "drop in" a commercial G729 license
though, as there was never a need for it yet. You could check on the
sems mailing-list if that'd be possible. Would be happy to hear back on
any success stories and how-tos :)

Andreas