[Spce-user] New Install

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Thu May 22 05:45:01 EDT 2014

Horace,

On 05/19/2014 08:15 AM, Horace Miles wrote:
> Andrew,  I have tried so many things to get the Jitsi clients to see a
> change in status without success.  What port can I grep to see if they
> are even attempting to send a status change to each other?  I don’t know
> if you will receive the pic I include here but here is my jitsi
> configuration:

are you getting an authorization request in your jitsi when adding users
to each other's contacts list? See the screenshot. You should accept
authorization if you want to see the presence status, at which point you
will see "Handling subscribe request for event 'presence'" and "Handling
subscribe request for event 'presence.winfo'" in your
kamailio-proxy.log. Try to change status and see what your log says.
Check your XCAP server URL, it should be
https://your_server_ip:1080/xcap, "Use SIP credentials" should be
enabled. Accept SSL certificate for the XCAP host if you are asked.

Hope this helps,
Andrew