[Spce-user] New Install

Horace Miles Horace.Miles at myit-solutions.com
Sat May 10 10:55:06 EDT 2014



I am using JITSI trying to follow the instructions from the sipwise website.   Thanks for the tip on Ngrep.  I am not sure exactly what is going on here:  I ran the ngrep command you suggested and it came back with an IP address that is not the one I assigned to the card.

i.e. ngrep  - W byline port 5060 


interface: eth0 (x.x.x.224/ when it should return

interface: eth0(x.x.x..235/


ifconfig reports: inet address x.x.x.235 


same as in the/etc/network/ interface file


I can’t find where this IP address is coming from, I don’t see where it would have been bound to the card as an alias.

If I ping x.x.x.224 ping reports it is a broadcast address .  Broadcast on my network is x.x.x.239  

So subsequently I am not receiving sip traffic at .235.   


I don’t know how this is happening.   I am still searching the internet to see if anyone else has had this problem.  To determine how it is happen and how to fix it.


Thanks  Horace


From: Lorenzo Mangani [mailto:lorenzo.mangani at gmail.com] 
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2014 2:56 AM
To: Horace Miles
Cc: Andrew Pogrebennyk; spce-user at lists.sipwise.com
Subject: Re: [Spce-user] New Install




What SIP client are you using and how are you configuring it? You might want to configure the server's IP as outbound proxy if resolution fails or you have no SRV entries in your DNS for sip service. If you run "ngrep -W byline port 5060" do you see registration packets arriving from the UA on the server?



Lorenzo Mangani



QXIP - Capture Engineering

Desk: +1 (202) 470-5312

Mobile: +31 6 4603-2730




On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 3:10 AM, Horace Miles <Horace.Miles at myit-solutions.com> wrote:


I completely started from scratch.  Have all the services started with no errors.  I can connect to the web interface.  I have checked to make sure that the domain is correct.  I have changed the config.yml to only want username for login.
I can telnet to the sipserver ip address 5060 and the sever responds.  However, when I try to connect with a sip client I get nothing whatsoever.  The proxy-log has nothing even showing a connection attempt.    Help.. what can I provide to have someone help me figure this out..?

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Pogrebennyk [mailto:apogrebennyk at sipwise.com]

Sent: Friday, May 09, 2014 8:12 AM
To: Horace Miles
Cc: Alexander Lutay; spce-user at lists.sipwise.com
Subject: Re: [Spce-user] New Install

the log you posted means that kamailio-proxy was not running and it failed to start because of incorrect rewrite rule in DB. I have to check that the admin panel correctly validates the input. Anyway, now that you have deleted the rewrite rule from DB please check that the proxy is
running: /etc/init.d/kamailio-proxy status If not re-start it. If you get the same error upon start, check mysql -e "select * from kamailio.dialplan;"
Then your client should be able to get some response back from the proxy.

Hope this helps.

On 05/09/2014 05:43 AM, Horace Miles wrote:
> Thanks for the reply,
> In /var/log/ngcp/  the kamailio-proxy.log is empty In
> /var/log/ngcp/old/  the kamilio-proxy.log shows the following.
> The domain is correct and the subscriber username and password are correct.
> May  8 05:23:55 sip proxy[4894]: ERROR: <core> [pvapi.c:790]: pv_parse_spec2(): error searching pvar "caller_cc"
> May  8 05:23:55 sip proxy[4894]: ERROR: <core> [pvapi.c:994]:
> pv_parse_spec2(): wrong char [)/41] in [$(caller_cc)\1] at [11 (1)]
> May  8 05:23:55 sip proxy[4894]: ERROR: <core> [re.c:181]:
> parse_repl(): subst_parser: bad specifier in replace part
> $(caller_cc)\1 May  8 05:23:55 sip proxy[4894]: ERROR: dialplan
> [dp_db.c:393]: build_rule(): failed to compile replacing expression
> $(caller_cc)\1 May  8 05:23:55 sip proxy[4894]: ERROR: dialplan
> [dp_db.c:111]: init_db_data(): failed to load database data May  8
> 05:23:55 sip proxy[4894]: ERROR: dialplan [dialplan.c:200]:
> mod_init(): could not initialize data May  8 05:23:55 sip proxy[4894]:
> ERROR: <core> [sr_module.c:970]: init_mod(): init_mod(): Error while
> initializing module dialplan
> (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kamailio/modules/dialplan.so)
> I deleted the dialpaln, peers, which also deleted the Rewrite Rules and reapplied ngcpcfg.

Spce-user mailing list
Spce-user at lists.sipwise.com


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.sipwise.com/pipermail/spce-user_lists.sipwise.com/attachments/20140510/afb160d2/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Spce-user mailing list