[Spce-user] Account Using PRI

Scott Fertig scottf at wcoil.com
Fri May 16 14:01:55 EDT 2014

Thanks Daniel. Setting them as a peer makes sense to me, your reply
really helped me out and most likely saved me alot of time.

--Scott

On 05/16/2014 11:58 AM, Daniel Grotti wrote:
> Hi Scott,
> no matter what technologies (PRI,BRI,etc) is behind a client/peer.
> What you can do is to register you CPE as a subscriber on sipwise or you
> can configure your CPE as a peer.
> Probably, in this case you need a peer, since a PRI gateway should relay
> calls to PSTN.
>
> Daniel
>

> On 05/16/2014 05:50 PM, Scott Fertig wrote:
>> Is there any special setup I need to do to create an account that uses
>> a PRI? I ask because I know the PRI does not 'Technically' register.
>> Currently I have an account that is on a opensips server and need to
>> move it to sipwise, I can see within the opensips server the 'user'
>> does not show as registered and calls are still being sent to and from
>> the PRI. The device at the PRI is a cisco router and it appears that
>> really I would need to create an account with the same user
>> information as the router is already set as, add the additional
>> numbers which are mentioned in the, dnis maps to that account and
>> simply change the IP address on the router to the sipwise server. I am
>> unsure if this is 100% correct though and would appreciate any input
>> anyone else may have.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --Scott Fertig

Scott C. Fertig
Systems Engineer
WCOIL Network Operations
ph: 419.229.2645 x1028
fax: 419.229.5278
scottf at wcoil.com

solely for the Recipient. If you are not the named addressee you should
not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. If you forward this
email, please delete the forwarding history, which includes email
addresses to assure continued privacy and unwanted email spam. Thank you.