[Spce-user] billing integration

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Tue Nov 25 06:21:38 EST 2014

On 25 November 2014 at 09:41, Andreas Granig <agranig at sipwise.com> wrote:

> Excuse my ignorance, but is Blesta something you can self-host, or is it
> a "cloud" service? Didn't get it when quickly scanning their web site.

Blesta you self-host.

We have built a pretty comprehensive solution using Blesta. We use Sipwise
(PRO) for the rating, but all billing, provisioning etc. is integrated with
Blesta. It runs in three modes: Controller, Operator and Reseller, each of
which has their own Blesta-based portal, fully white-labelled.

Controller
========
This is where we, the platform owner, provision, manage and bill our
Operators. Each Operator can be billed for various services, such as % of
CDR, $ per subscriber, $ per SIP Trunk, $ per Cloud PBX, etc.

Billing will then include all service charges relating to the usage of each
operator and its resellers.

Operator
=======
The operator is a company which either owns its own Sipwise platform, or
operates their own termination using our platform, set up as peers. The
Operator can create resellers, and again, set fees for various services,
and manage the billing profiles of their resellers.

The operator can select what services each reseller has access to. For
example, we can enable Sip Trunks, VoIP Subscribers, Cloud PBX, Cloud IVR,
DDI Reseller and set once-off/monthly/usage fees for these.

The platform then invoices each reseller based on their call charges and
any service fees.

Reseller
======
The reseller can create their own packages based on the services they have
been granted by the operator, pricing them in any way they choose. The
platform handles all aspects of provisioning and managing services on to
Sipwise, etc. The platform will then generate the customer invoices, and
provides a customer portal where invoices can be paid and new services
ordered. It handles post-paid and (if using SP PRO) pre-paid, top-up
vouchers, automatic credit card processing, suspensions and cancellations.

All functions can be done either via the Blesta-based portal or via our
Rest API. Both the Operator and the Reseller have the option of using as
much or as little of the system as they wish. Operators with OSS/BSS
systems can easily integrate via the API and never use the Blesta part,
whereas a small reseller could use Blesta as their main customer billing
platform.

We are currently running this with two operators, and feedback from both
them and their various resellers has been extremely positive.

If there were sufficient interest it may be possible to provide a hosted
solution which could be used to manage any SP installation. Integration
with an existing SPCE or Pro platform only requires API access.

-Barry Flanagan