[Spce-user] Vmware converter P2V SPCE

Joel S. | VOZELIA joel at vozelia.com
Sat Oct 4 15:22:24 EDT 2014

Hi Dave

If I got you correctly, you are trying to create a VM from a physical server? Or are you moving from VM-1 to VM-2?

I am only taking a guess here... Are you sure your hard disks are called the same in the physical server and the newly created VM (/dev/XXX)??? Maybe after creating the VM the OS sees them with a different name (sda / vda / hda / etc.) and that change is not reflected in the MBR (grub?) and the /etc/fstab, etc. which will not let the OS boot.

Can you give more details on the situation?

Regards,
Joel.