[Spce-user] SPCE 3.4.2 User Agent

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Wed Oct 15 18:59:42 EDT 2014

Hi,

On 15/10/14 23:55, Tom Foley wrote:
> I have a sip peering for outgoing calls and checking on their server I
> notice I'm registered with a User Agent of 'n/a'. How do I change this?
> I've made some attempts to change it without success. Registration is
> required at the peer.

well, probably this means that their server is stripping the User-Agent
field from REGISTER message, but this shouldn't be a problem as this
header field serves only the information purposes. You may wish to trace
is the message leaves your server this the User-Agent header and ask for
corresponding trace from their system. But again it does not have any
effect on the call processing so if something doesn't work you should
look for the reason somewhere else.