[Spce-user] Upgrade 3.1 > 3.2.1 issue

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Fri Sep 12 05:16:56 EDT 2014

Hi,

* Dawid Kudzielka [Fri Sep 12, 2014 at 09:29:22AM +0100]:

> Thanks a lot.
> All worked OK untill upgrade where I am being asked to insert installation
> disk.
> Is it possible to point it to online installer maybe instead of attaching
> disk?

> Media change: please insert the disc labeled
>  'Debian GNU/Linux 7.4.0 _Wheezy_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1
> 20140208-13:47'
> in the drive '/media/cdrom/' and press enter

As stated in our documentation "Sipwise recommends using the latest
Netinstall ISO as installation medium." or our "NGCP install CD".
We discourage from using the full CD/DVD set for installation,
because of issues like the one you ran into. Our latest installer
even has a check for that included, to prevent people from running
into such a situation. :)

To disable the CD/DVD entry executing the following command line
should be enough:

  sed -i 's/^deb cdrom:/# &/' /etc/apt/sources.list

Looks like you have an online mirror of Debian enabled already, if
not then add one by adding:

  deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
  deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib  non-free

to /etc/apt/sources.list for now. Execute 'apt-get update' to make
sure that it's working fine, finally rerun the upgrade script.

regards,
-mika-