[Spce-user] Emergency number management

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Sep 25 07:32:57 EDT 2014

Hi,

There is a special section in the handbook targeting exactly your case:
https://www.sipwise.com/doc/spce/ar01s06.html#_emergency_number_handling

In your inbound rewrite rule for callee, you rewrite your emergency
numbers like this:

Match: ^(112|911)$
Replace: emergency_\1

That way, you tag it as emergency number. That will bypass block/lock
checks etc. for emergency calls and some other parts which might cause
the call to fail or be rejected.

In the outbound rewrite rules for callee, you rewrite the number to
whatever you need, using the caller's variables which are available at
this point:

Match: ^emergency_(.+)$
Replace: ${caller_cc}_${caller_ac}_something_\1

This would produce 34_91_something_911 for a user with cc 34 and ac 91
when he dials 911.

There are subscriber preferences like emergency_prefix, emergency_suffix
and emergency_cli also, which you can use to provision with whatever
values you require for constructing a valid emergency number, and use
those as ${xxx} in the replace part, e.g. if you have a specific access
number for emergency calls for certain areas.

Andreas