[Spce-user] Integrating another proxy box to SPCE

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Mon Apr 6 15:33:16 EDT 2015

El Mon, 6 Apr 2015 14:32:59 -0300
"kalss21 at gmail.com" <kalss21 at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hola Jon,
>
> Well, we're testing main server in NY area (and want to keep it there due
> to DID and termination providers) and want to have a proxy server in the
> local area where we are located in Brazil, network here it's slow and
> mobiles would have registration and voice issues (latency, timeouts) with
> servers outside the country.
>
> Taking profit of this proxy, voice between local users should keep locally
> between extensions, no need to pass by the SPCE server, right ?

Please keep the list in CC

Well, the most common scenario here would be keep all the signaling in NY and
add a rtp proxy in Brazil. With some modifications you could check and use the
local rtp proxy for local calls. That would also extend to other locations.

If your subscribers are only in Brazil that's even easier as you would only
need to move the rtp proxy and forget about other logic.

In case you also need to keep some signaling local you might use a natbox
(kamailio + rtpproxy) to keep all the nat keepalive logic local. But all the
rest of the signaling should still be sent to NY for accounting purposes.

If you don't care about accounting for local calls and want to keep *all* local
signaling + rtp local so the ngcp server doesn't care about local calls then
you can do it with kamailio + rtpproxy + some logic. Been there a couple of
times and it works.

s/rtpproxy/rtpengine/g

cheers,

Jon