[Spce-user] Fwd: RE: Adding alias through api in 2.8

Jeremie Chism jchism2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 13:29:19 EDT 2015

You are absolutely correct.  This is our current process and as the number
of aliases grows the amount of time required to post this also grows.

> On Apr 15, 2015 12:19 PM, "Kevin Masse" <kmasse at questblue.com> wrote:
>>
>> Jeremie, based on the following condition am I correct to understand
your alias list will be incorrect if you add a single alias via API?

>> Condition:  You already have 1 or greater than 1 alias in the alias
table for this subscriber

>> Issue:  You use the SOAP API to add an additional alias to the table for
this subscriber

>> Results:  Only the last entry is in the alias table for this subscriber
therefore removing the original entries that were there before the SOAP API
processed the additional alias.

>> If I am correct based on the above, you are querying the alias list
first, appending the new addition and writing back to the alias table via
SOAP all of the aliases at one time thus creating a complex API submission.

>> Now when you grow to hundreds of alias entries per subscriber this will
begin to cause a problem for the speed of your ( private ) user portal you
provided to your customers to use and add aliases etc.

>> In conclusion I know I did not provide an answer but I wanted to make
sure we all understood it.  I just wanted to make sure it was understood
why you pull the full list.  I believe it is because the original alias
numbers will be gone when you post a new alias via the API.

>> Thanks
>>
>> Kevin

Of Jeremie Chism
>> Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:37 AM
>> To: spce-user at lists.sipwise.com
>> Subject: [Spce-user] Adding alias through api in 2.8
>>

>> We currently use the api provided in 2.8 to add aditional aliases to a
subscriber.  Our process is to use the api to pull the full list of aliases
on the account, add the new alias to this list, then post back all aliases
to the subscriber.

>> Some subscribers have hundreds of aliases and a few with well over a
thousand.  I am concerned with this process as the count aliases on
subscribers continues to grow.  Is there a better way to post large amounts
of aliases to subscribers through the api.  Also is there a way to post
aliases directly to the database.