[Spce-user] Adding alias through api in 2.8

Kevin Masse kmasse at questblue.com
Wed Apr 15 13:19:28 EDT 2015

Jeremie, based on the following condition am I correct to understand your alias list will be incorrect if you add a single alias via API?

Condition:  You already have 1 or greater than 1 alias in the alias table for this subscriber

Issue:  You use the SOAP API to add an additional alias to the table for this subscriber

Results:  Only the last entry is in the alias table for this subscriber therefore removing the original entries that were there before the SOAP API processed the additional alias.

If I am correct based on the above, you are querying the alias list first, appending the new addition and writing back to the alias table via SOAP all of the aliases at one time thus creating a complex API submission.

Now when you grow to hundreds of alias entries per subscriber this will begin to cause a problem for the speed of your ( private ) user portal you provided to your customers to use and add aliases etc.

In conclusion I know I did not provide an answer but I wanted to make sure we all understood it.  I just wanted to make sure it was understood why you pull the full list.  I believe it is because the original alias numbers will be gone when you post a new alias via the API.

Thanks

Kevin