[Spce-user] db rev naming

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Wed Aug 19 19:19:28 EDT 2015

Hi all

I'd like to suggest to change the naming policy of the db revisions. At the
moment they are numbered with consecutive numbers.

I am doing  PBX integration for one customer and I have to extend the db schema
with new preferences and tables. If I create db revs for those changes I don't
have numbers for them as the next rev provided by Sipwise will follow the last
one.

I would suggest to change the numbering plan for future revs to something like
this:

401XX Where 401 means mr 4.0.1 and XX and increasing id. That way, if 15 db
revs are supplied with mr4.0.1 I know that I have 85 slots for custom revs as
next release would start with 40200 or 41100.

This naming is compatible with ngcp-update-db-schema and it also provides more
information about ngcp version and rev mapping.

Is this something it could be considered for future releases?

cheers,

Jon