[Spce-user] Fax2Mail in ngcp

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Wed Aug 19 16:23:23 EDT 2015

El Wed, 19 Aug 2015 21:06:16 +0200
Matthew Ogden <matthew at tenacit.net> escribió:

> Shew Jon, I reckon people would pay you for that list of steps! :)

Actually they do :) Customers ask me to integrate fax and any other
kind of solutions to their ngcp system.

> I actually use an exernal fax system, we have lots of PBX systems connected
> to us, but they want everyone to be able to email faxes, and a few inbound
> numbers. iFax is quite affordable (really good support too), needs some
> billing integration depending on how you set it up to use SPCE. (We connect
> via one subscriber, and use their outgoing DID, to move it to one
> subscriber or the next in our external billing system). I'm sure there are
> other ways of achieving the same using template modification etc.

Fax is a PITA always. I have been asked to integrate it with software
solutions, with hardware solutions and with SAAS solutions. I always like the
last one as you just need to send the call out or make an API call. Debugging
fax solutions is not easy. The first one is the most requested one (the most
cost efective).

cheers,

Jon