[Spce-user] Possible to rewrite caller CLI based on callee number dialled?

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Fri Feb 6 05:06:17 EST 2015

On 6 February 2015 at 09:49, George Mason <george.mason at xoomtalk.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a situation where we need to dynamically rewrite the callers CLI
> depending on the number they dial. The calls would come in from one
> peering, then depending on the number dialled, have the calling CLI
> changed, before being sent out over another peering.
>
> I can see how to do this within the same field, i.e. to change the
> format of the calling CLI or called number - but is it possible to
> manipulate the CALLER number depending on the CALLEE CLI?

I would love this feature as well, and have asked about it in the past.
There is no current ability to do this. It could be done using some custom
proxy config, to look up the callee in a database table, containing
destination/callerID pairs and to make the necessary changes but I have not
got around to doing that yet.

>From my point of view it would be very useful for customers who have DDI in
different countries, so that when calling a country where they have a DDI
then we change the CallerID to be that DDI.

-Barry