[Spce-user] Several trunks from Asterisk to NGCP

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Thu Feb 19 12:12:43 EST 2015

On 19 February 2015 at 16:45, Andres Gmail <aruizmorillas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I have an asterisk configured as vPBX. I need to configure multiple trunks
> against NGCP but Asterisk does not support well several trunks with the
> same "host" and starts doing weird things ....
>
> What would be the best way to configure multiple trunks from Asterisk to
> NGCP?
>
> I set "allowguest = yes" and context by defaultis "incoming" where I set
> all DDI's clients. In the NGCP I have marked "e164_to_ruri" NGCP to send
> the called number and this works well.
>
> How can we make outgoing calls from Asterisk with different sip username?

We do this by assigning each Asterisk tenant with a peer (we use Asterisk
Realtime db for this) and then send any outbound calls from each tenant
via <number>@<tenant_peer>

The key peer settings are:

defaultuser: set this to the username you have set up in NGCP for this
subscriber
fromdomain: set this to the domain the NGCP subscriber is in
remotesecret: set this to the NGCP SIP password.
outboundproxy: set this to the ip address of your NGCP server) this is the
trick - we are now telling Asterisk to forget about the actual domain, but
to send the calls via this proxy. It will get sent as defaultuser at fromdomain
which is what the NGCP expects to see, and it will authenticate the call
using the remotesecret.

On NGCP, we set up these Asterisk users as standard subscribers with
password, but put in a Permanent Registration like "sip:<ngcp_username>@<ip
or hostname of your * box or proxy>:port" - so any calls from NGCP will be
send to Asterisk. On Asterisk we have just a single inbound peer from NGCP
- no need to set allowguests or anything. All calls from NGCP -> Asterisk
just come in on the one trunk. Outbound calls Asterisk -> NGCP however, go
out via the individual tenant subscribers so NGCP picks up the correct
subscriber for the call.

Hope this helps.

-Barry Flanagan