[Spce-user] Feature Request: Setting "free minutes packages" without billing profiles and possibility to cascade billing profiles

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Mon Mar 2 06:44:32 EST 2015

On 2 March 2015 at 11:22, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <
rabs at dimension-virtual.com> wrote:

> It's a good feature to have ... but as all rating/billing systems
> outthere, will suffer from the 'prefix matching' problem.
>
> What to do if you have:
>
> Base rate: +44.* 0,01
> Customer special rate: +4422.* 0,05
> Free rates: +44.* 0,0
>
> And customer calls +44223....
>
> I know it's not a good example ... but a typical one ... to inner-most
> profile doesn't include the top-most profile. I have seen that problem
> before, and it's not easy to solve.

True. But the Sipwise guys are extraordinarily clever :-)

I think the prefix matching would have to be "same or longer" for each
sub-profile. So in your example, the call would match the Special Rate. A
call to +443XXXXX would match the Free rate, and if free time/money is used
up it would go to Base.

You would have to ensure that you covered all codes you need in any
sub-profile, but that would still be a whole lot easier than the current
situation.

-Barry