[Spce-user] How to pass original Caller ID to forwarding number?

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Fri Mar 6 04:30:43 EST 2015

On 6 March 2015 at 00:56, Kalen Krueger <kalen at npinfo.com> wrote:

>  It’s been a couple of days and I haven’t seen anyone reply to me yet…
> really hoping to get pointed in a direction here.   Thanks ahead of time!

Hi Kalen,

This is by now a FAQ, and most probably assumed you would find the answer
in the archives.

In any case, here is my answer to the last time this was asked a few weeks
ago:

You might find this previous discussion useful.

http://lists.sipwise.com/pipermail/spce-user/2013-April/003870.html

Or this for more (it has been discussed a lot, probably why there were not
a whole lot of people jumping to answer :-)

https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=site:lists.sipwise.com+callerid+call+forward

In short, yes it can be done. However, your upstream peer also needs to
accept the call - some will not. You may need to ensure PAI is set to the
forwarder's NPN.

Hope this helps

-Barry Flanagan