[Spce-user] Stuck at "100 Trying" with mr3.7.1

Christian Benke benkokakao at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:50:37 EDT 2015

On 20 March 2015 at 11:13, Christian Benke <benkokakao at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll now have to do a cleanup and forensics why
> and when the permissions where changed, will update this thread after
> that :-)

The permissions in the template directory
"/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/ngcp-sems/etc" where changed to mode
600 at some point in the past (In an attempt to hide the passwords in
reg_agent.conf.customtt.tt2), but this change had never been applied
with ngcpcfg, so it caused no issues until today's upgrade.
"ngcpcfg apply" takes over the file-permissions from the template
folder as well, not just the content and sems runs with it's own user
and group.

Unfortunately the script at "/etc/init.d/ngcp-sems" didn't throw an
error-message with "restart", despite that the daemon didn't start
successfully - surely would have made things easier to find. Other
than that, it was not the upgrade per se that caused the problem, but
the previous mode-change (And probably the solar eclipse too a bit
;-))

Have a nice weekend all!

Regards,
Christian