[Spce-user] Possible bug in ROUTE_DOS_ATTACK_CHECK

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Tue Mar 31 11:25:45 EDT 2015

El Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:13:24 +0200
Andrew Pogrebennyk <apogrebennyk at sipwise.com> escribió:

> Hi Jon,
>
> On 03/31/2015 02:35 AM, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) wrote:
> > Happened in 2.8:
> >
> > If presence and pike check are disabled ROUTE_DOS_ATTACK_CHECK is
> > empty and kamailio-lb fails to start. It needs an unconditional
> > return at then end to avoid it.
> >
> > It is present in version 3.7.X
>
> do you have a customtt there by any chance?

I do but I've just checked the vanilla version 2.8.23 and this is how it looks
like:

route[ROUTE_DOS_ATTACK_CHECK]
{
#!ifdef ENABLE_PIKECHECK
        if($sht(ipban=>$si) != $null)
        {
                # ip is already blocked - keep the node warm
                pike_check_req();
                exit;
        }
#!endif

#!ifdef ENABLE_PRESENCE
        # special case for jitsi: pass all remote control in-dialog NOTIFY now
        # remove it if Jitsi changed to use Psudo-TCP for remote control in the
future if (is_method("NOTIFY") && has_totag()) {
                return;
        }
#!endif

#!ifdef ENABLE_PIKECHECK
        if(!pike_check_req())
        {
                append_hf("P-NGCP-CheckBan: 1\r\n");
                xlog("L_INFO", "Mark request for pike trust check - [% logreq
-%]\n"); # NGCP proxy will return "P-NGCP-Ban: <ip>" in reply if it's not from
                # a trusted peer, which is checked below and added to ban list.
                return;
        }
#!endif
}

It should have a return after the last endif and before the }.