[Spce-user] ubuntu installation of sipwise

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Tue May 5 11:42:20 EDT 2015

Dear Tarak,

On 05/05/15 17:23, Tarak Patel wrote:
> We already have our server's running on Ubuntu based vm.
> So, we are just trying to leverage it so that we don't need to test all the server's on debian again.

You will have to test Sipwise/NGCP on Ubuntu again,
and there will be much more work to make it stable, for sure
(as you skip all the testing we did for Debian).

> If we can get sipwise on same server, makes our life simple.

I would say you are making it dramatically harder trying to back-port
NGCP on Ubuntu. Anyway we should not stop you here, feel free to expand
the list of supported OS.

> Is there a way or documentation how to manually compile sipwise platform into any debain based system?

Not really. Sipwise uses http://jenkins-debian-glue.org/ which supports
Ubuntu but we never tried/built packages for Ubuntu.
So, install Jenkins, install configure jenkins-debian-glue, prepare
environments (e.g. https://wiki.debian.org/cowbuilder ) and feel free
to build packages from GitHub for Ubuntu. Each repository has debian
folder already with all the necessary information inside.

--
Alexander Lutay