[Spce-user] Linux headers missing 3.8.1

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Fri May 29 07:39:41 EDT 2015

El Fri, 29 May 2015 12:59:01 +0200
Alex Lutay <alutay at sipwise.com> escribió:

> Hi Jon,
>
> Actually we have the following code already into ngcp-installer:
> >  apt-get ${APT_PARAMS} install linux-headers-$(uname -r) >> $LOGFILE 2>&1

Sorry Alex , don't have the log available.

Idea: It might be possible that the installer installs 3.6.16bpo but the
running kernel is 3.2 because it's the debian default.

On next reboot (after you run the installer) you boot with 3.16 but the headers
were not installed by the installer because that kernel was not running.

I think the kernel image should be installed by default from wheezy-backports
or from sipwise repo and the headers too. As the 3.16 kernel is automatically
installed it should work out of the box and not expect the user to notice the
missing module.

cheers,

Jon