[Spce-user] System Statistics stopped working

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Mon Oct 19 06:16:39 EDT 2015

Hi Marco,

All system statistics are collected by collectd and are stored in RRD
files located in /var/lib/collectd/rrd/spce/

"Internally, RRDtool uses "seconds since the epoch" to keep track of
time. This is the number of seconds since January first, 1970,
midnight, UTC. When you are specifying a time in this format, it is UTC
time automatically." (c) http://vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/timezone.php

So, you need to check collecd log first to see new values are
inserter properly, also you can manually extract RRD data using RRD
tool fetch (to check content of RRD file).

Finally you can move RRD files and restart collectd to init new
statistics files. Then you can manually move old data in new RRD files
if necessary.

P.S. changing the timezone of server on the fly is not a good idea,
AFAIK. As data in MySQL DB (like accounting, CDRs) stored in fields
without timezone specified. Also MySQL works in server timezone by default.

--
Alex Lutay