[Spce-user] New sip:provider CE mr4.5.1 is now available

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Tue Aug 30 08:44:15 EDT 2016

* Marek Cervenka [Tue Aug 30, 2016 at 02:08:55PM +0200]:
> Dne 29/08/2016 v 18:39 Jon Bonilla (Manwe) napsal(a):
> >El Mon, 29 Aug 2016 17:42:07 +0200 Alex Lutay <alutay at sipwise.com> escribió:

> >>Please find the list of all fixes on our web site:
> >>https://www.sipwise.org/news/announcements/sipprovider-mr4-5-1-released/

[...]

> is issue tracker public ?

No, the issue tracker isn't public.

> i cant find details of MT#21753 Improve ngcp-io-scheduler: recent
> kernel versions (esp when derived from RHEL) don’t support special
> schedulers in virtio backed VMs anymore

If you're running a "more recent" RHEL/RHEL-based kernel (like with
Proxmox) then inside VMs you'll notice that the block device
scheduler in virtio backed VMs no longer reports/supports any
special schedulers, like:

  root at spce:~# cat /sys/block/vda/queue/scheduler
  none

That's expected behavior because of the present virtiio-blk
multi-queue support. Our ticket covered the changes we had to take
care of so ngcp-status and the io-scheduler init script properly
support this new behavior.

PS: Marek, you're not subscribed to spce-user ML, I've manually
approved your mail and explicitly CC-ed you, though you might want
to subscribe to the ML in the future (to be able to post and also
receive mails). :)

regards,
-mika-