[Spce-user] Basic SIP Installation

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Mon Dec 5 08:15:07 EST 2016

Hello!
Your user needs to be a member or group root to use su due to
pam_wheel.so module that our installer is enabling:

# cat /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/pam.d/su.tt2
#
# The PAM configuration file for the Shadow `su' service
#

# This allows root to su without passwords (normal operation)
auth       sufficient pam_rootok.so

# Uncomment this to force users to be a member of group root
# before they can use `su'. You can also add "group=foo"
# to the end of this line if you want to use a group other
# than the default "root" (but this may have side effect of
# denying "root" user, unless she's a member of "foo" or explicitly
# permitted earlier by e.g. "sufficient pam_rootok.so").
# (Replaces the `SU_WHEEL_ONLY' option from login.defs)
auth       required   pam_wheel.so

BR,
Andrew