[Spce-user] Rings once, then disconnects!

William Hilsum William at ezpcltd.com
Mon Feb 1 19:03:15 EST 2016

Hi

This is now solved... The moment I unticked "allow video" on the softphone, it worked as expected.

These additional lines in the "invite (SDP) packet" from Sipwise to the carrier platform break the connection:

m=video 32562 RTP/AVP 34
c=IN IP4 <PBX-IP>
a=rtpmap:34 H263/90000
a=fmtp:34 QCIF=1;CIF=1;SQCIF=1;CIF4=1
a=sendrecv
a=rtcp:32563
a=direction:both

so...

1. Is there anyway to disable voice/these headers being sent on a per carrier basis?
2. Is this a case of the carrier not following spec? (should it be ignored if they don't support video?)
3. is it just a broken softphone? (if it is, this is the first problem I've had with it)
 Or something else?!

I still don't get how one single ring goes out! I can't say I am an expert at all on this, but, this is certainly a new one for me!

Thanks for your help Andreas and Alex.

William