[Spce-user] spce as an sbc/b2bua without registration

Stephen Donovan stephen at belzonicable.net
Wed May 18 01:47:54 EDT 2016

I'm looking for an alternative to using an adtran enterprise sbc with certain PBXs that require it.

Is it possible to have spce sit between the trunk(s) and the PBX without registration, acting as a b2bua with media anchoring (Adtran terminology)

In other words, sit between an IP authenticated trunk and the PBX it serves, proxying the rtp ?

I'm doing this now with adtran appliances, but they aren't cheap.  I'm thinking something like spce sitting on a small appliance of some sort with solid state storage would work great if it can work in this application.

I do know that spce has documented setup procedures to act as an sbc sitting in front of a PBX and handling remote extensions and such.  Is what I'm asking for possible and/or recommended ?  I don't want to spend a lot of time experimenting if its not possible..

Stephen