[Spce-user] spce as an sbc/b2bua without registration

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Wed May 18 02:56:55 EDT 2016

> De: "Stephen Donovan" <stephen at belzonicable.net>
> Para: spce-user at lists.sipwise.com
> Enviados: Miércoles, 18 de Mayo 2016 6:47:54
> Asunto: [Spce-user] spce as an sbc/b2bua without registration

> I’m looking for an alternative to using an adtran enterprise sbc with certain
> PBXs that require it.

> Is it possible to have spce sit between the trunk(s) and the PBX without
> registration, acting as a b2bua with media anchoring (Adtran terminology)

> In other words, sit between an IP authenticated trunk and the PBX it serves,
> proxying the rtp ?

Yes, but embeding a full SPCE in an appliance only for doing B2BUA for 'deficient' PBX's it's overhelming.

We use for that cases a Gigabyte Brix + Debian + SEMS + custom dsm scripts for B2BUA, small, efficient, cheap ..., you could also get any appliance with an Asterisk and do so ..., but we prefer our solution.

> I’m doing this now with adtran appliances, but they aren’t cheap. I’m thinking
> something like spce sitting on a small appliance of some sort with solid state
> storage would work great if it can work in this application.

It's feasible ... but think about it ... you will be putting a full CLASS 5 SBC into a small appliance only for doing B2BUA ? ... just like buying a Ferrari for doing your shops on the next corner supermarket.

> I do know that spce has documented setup procedures to act as an sbc sitting in
> front of a PBX and handling remote extensions and such. Is what I’m asking for
> possible and/or recommended ? I don’t want to spend a lot of time experimenting
> if its not possible..

More than possible, but I advice you to going other way, don't wast resources on putting an elephant into a bottle.

Best regards