[Spce-user] New type sip_ext_incoming available in network.yml

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Fri May 13 12:07:48 EDT 2016

Hi Jon,

On 05/13/2016 05:40 PM, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) wrote:

> But you stop being able to rceive incoming SIP traffic via the defined
> extra_sockets, right?
>
> I understtod that now extra_sockets is for outgoing traffic only and if you
> want to receive traffic you need to declare it via sip_ext_incoming. So if you
> have peers sending incoming traffic to the extra socket that wouldn't work any
> longer. isn't it?

There is no change for extra_sockets atm, we still receive the traffic
from them. sip_ext_incoming is not mandatory to listen address, but
mandatory to respond to OPTIONS. In the long term we want to migrate
extra_sockets to network.yml on host level or get rid of it, because it
does not fit well into some carriers that have more than one
load-balancer. Not sure yet what the final solution will look like -
stay tuned :) We will not introduce changes breaking backware
compatibility in the LTS version.

Cheers,
Andrew