[Spce-user] virtualizing sip:provider CE

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Tue May 17 07:22:49 EDT 2016

Dear Stephen,

This is super to hear you trust Sipwise NGCP as a basement for your own
company! In short there is no strict limitations to run on
virtual environment. While there some known minor issue there, like
sems eats ~5% CPU when doing nothing (on polling new sip packats), etc.

Sure the hardware and software you choose for virtualisation is very
important. The IO speed and latency is always a problem of any virtual
env. Also VM neighbours sitting on the same hardware can create lack of
IO in the most unexpected moment. So, be careful with sharing hardware
with other VMs. NGCP relies on IO a lot.

For the high performance and high availability we recommend you to try
our PRO solution. It guarantees 50 cps rate providing high availability
for already established calls. Feel free to contact sales at sipwise.com
for more information.

In the same time please share your experience with SPCE in virtual
environment. We see the good theoretical possibilities there.

Thank you!

--
Alex Lutay