[Spce-user] Fwd: Issues with web panel crashing Firefox, Mac kernel panic

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Tue May 24 09:21:04 EDT 2016

Dear Andy,

Sipwise doesn't support SPCE users directly.

I have checked boot log (it always said started successfully):

> Sun May 15 14:30:12 2016: [....] Starting NGCP-Panel Webapp: [ ok ]
> Sun May 22 21:33:59 2016: [....] Starting NGCP-Panel Webapp: [ ok ]
> Sun May 22 23:30:25 2016: [....] Starting NGCP-Panel Webapp: [ ok ]

So, I still have no answer why it did not start in result.
Maybe 'oom-killer' was involved to kill it due to lack of RAM, try:
> grep -i oom-killer /var/log/syslog

As for 2GB of RAM you have: it is really a minimum to fly on minimal
settings, You need to use "--low-performance" mode then:

> root at sp1:~# ngcp-toggle-performance-config
> /usr/sbin/ngcp-toggle-performance-config - tool to adjust sip:provider configuration for low/high performance
>
>   --help                Display this usage information
>   --high-performance    Adjust configuration for system with normal/high performance
>   --low-performance     Adjust configuration for system with low performance (e.g. VMs)
>
> root at sp1:~#

You have high-performance setup by default
(10 heavy panel threads are starting, running and eating RAM).
To play with NGCP three threads are more then enough.
See the option "fastcgi_workers" in /etc/ngcp-config/config.yml