[Spce-user] Recording pcaps with rtpengine

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Wed Nov 23 13:27:39 EST 2016

Hi all

I've been backporting the recording feature to a new 4.5.2 version. I compiled
and installed rtpengine 5.0.1 and created the custom templates and db_revs to
get the recording feature working.

Now I have a pcap file in my filesystem and wanted to know if the
"recording-daemon" I see in the rtpengine source will extract the audio for me
or if it's just for the proc recording method.

If so, should I build master to have it working? What's the easiest way to
extract the audios from the pcaps? I see different tools depending on the codec
used.

thanks,

Jon