[Spce-user] calling party selection on gw load

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Tue Nov 1 17:42:44 EDT 2016

El Tue, 1 Nov 2016 12:25:18 +0100
Daniel Grotti <dgrotti at sipwise.com> escribió:

> Hi Jon,
> I was just discussing this topic last week with DEV.
> It seems that this is the intended behavior, but frankly I don't really
> have a good reason to say why we use A number to match the peering rules
> instead of B number.
>
> We are still discussing that with DEV. Imho we should use B number.

Hi Daniel

In my experience, You usually want to route subscribers via peers. Mainly
because you have those DIDs binded to that carrier.

Finally I did a small change and I will use the sip username for that. I loose
the capability to route based on numbers but I gain the capability to route all
calls from a single subscriber, no matter the callerid, via a peer using a
single peering rule.

And yes, I agree with you, it should be the B number for peer selection in the
CF scenario.

cheers,

Jon