[Spce-user] rate-o-mat

Rene Krenn rkrenn at sipwise.com
Wed Nov 2 20:56:47 EDT 2016

>mysql wait timeout which is 60 sec.
the ngcp mariadb wait timeout is not 60 secs.

>SELECT * FROM accounting.cdr WHERE rating_status = 'unrated' ORDER BY
start_time ASC LIMIT 100;
>This query run by rate-o-mat takes too long.
this query is known to be fast even with hundred million cdr records.
make sure all indexes are in place.

>As workaround i removed "ORDER BY start_time ASC" from the query (on
rate-o-mat source) and everything works fine and fast.
you break the behaviour with this, as you can verify with the
test suite.

its difficult to guess which of your changes (key buffer sizes, innodb
settings) are causing this, but i agree its likely that db performance
issues can also make your rate-o-mat to struggle, especially if there is
a large number of unrated cdrs pending. be sure it's proven the rating
system works reliable in really large setups.

regards rene